This information was given by General (Retd.) Dr.V.K. Singh, Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation in a written reply to Smt Priyanka Chaturvedi in Rajya Sabha today.
The details of major steps taken by the Government to overcome the operating cost for the civil aviation sector, inter-alia, are as follows:
- Provide support to airlines through various policy measures.
- Provide airport infrastructure through the Airports Authority of India and the private operators.
- Promotion of private investments in existing and new airports through the PPP route
- Route rationalization in the Indian airspace in coordination with Indian Air Force for efficient airspace management, shorter routes, and lower fuel consumption
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate reduced to 5% from 18% for domestic Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) services.
- As of date, exclusive air-links or Air-Bubbles have been established with 28 countries to restart international passenger services while regular international flights remain suspended due to COVID-19.
- A calibrated increase of domestic aviation.
- Stipulating fare-band for the airlines
- A conducive aircraft leasing and financing environment has been enabled.
- Benefits under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) 3.0 have been extended to the civil aviation sector.