With travellers spending more money on travel this year, Los Angeles continues to enhance its luxury offerings, from exclusive designer pop-ups at world-class resorts, to securing the highest number of accolades at the esteemed 2023 James Beard Awards. Los Angeles Tourism is pleased to share an array of splurge-worthy offerings for those seeking a star-studded trip to the City of Angels.
“There is no better destination for visitors seeking those once-in-a-lifetime experiences than Los Angeles, at the crossroads of the entertainment, fashion and culinary worlds,” said Adam Burke, Los Angeles Tourism President & CEO. “From our 5-star hotels and 25 MICHELIN-starred restaurants to world-class arts & cultural institutions and unforgettable events, we invite you to indulge in LA’s limitless possibilities.”
Higher spending on luxury travel is a trend that continues through 2023 as high-net-worth travelers continue to spend on extravagant travel, and they are prioritizing memorable experiences above all else, according to travel agents cited in a recent Travel Weekly article. To keep up with the demand, Los Angeles continues to add luxury experiences to its already stacked roster of VIP offerings. Here are some suggestions on how to fill a glamorous LA itinerary.
Stylish Stays and Exclusive Experiences:
● Guests staying at the newly refreshed Fairmont Century Plaza can enlist a dedicated concierge to arrange top-notch experiences including an exclusive helicopter ride to Rocky Oaks Private Vineyard Estate for a tour and catered dinner, followed by transportation back to the hotel via helicopter.
● The brand new Conrad Los Angeles hotel recently opened in Downtown LA’s The Grand, as the area’s newest five-star hotel. This 20-story tower welcomes visitors with five restaurants, two from the celebrated Chef José Andres and ThinkFoodGroup.
● Check into the iconic Beverly Hills Hotel, which this summer is delighting visitors with an exclusive Dior pop-up shop, which includes an assortment of summer-ready apparel, themed spa cabana incorporating Dior Beauty skincare products, Dior ice cream cart, and pink and grey Dior surf inspired cabins.
● Dine at The Restaurant at Hotel Bel Air, one of Los Angeles’ most acclaimed dining institutions. Chef Connor McVay ushers in a new era for the restaurant which features a range of innovative dishes inspired by California and Mediterranean cuisine.
● To explore more of LA’s incredible range of hotel options, visit www.discoverlosangeles.com/hotels
Dine like a celebrity:
• LA secured the highest number of accolades at the esteemed 2023 James Beard Awards. A winner to check out is Margarita Manzke’s Republique, a premier daytime bakery and desert destination in the U.S.
● Los Angeles is home to 25 MICHELIN-starred restaurants, including Kato in DTLA which boasts a top-notch bar tasting menu, and they are launching a Kavalan Old Fashioned Bar Cart for the main dining room where the cocktail is made tableside. This restaurant has the best non-alcoholic beverage pairing in the city, and likely beyond. Their bar program was just awarded the singular MICHELIN cocktail award for California.
● Nobu Malibu is the perfect stop for worldclass sushi on the way to the beach, sure to deliver a celebrity sighting or two.
● Perch, the buzzing rooftop restaurant and bar, sits atop a skyscraper in Downtown LA and welcomes guests with an unbeatable view of the city skyline. Another hot spot in Downtown’s Arts District is Damian, a newer California-Mexican restaurant by Chef Enrique Olvera who also owns New York City’s famous Cosme restaurant.
● One of the most coveted dining reservations in the City of Angels right now is Mother Wolf. Celebrities have been flocking to this dining institution created by Chef Evan Funke for its wood-fired pizzas and traditional handmade pastas for which Funke is renowned.
● For those seeking to splurge and indulge in MICHELIN-worthy cuisine, n/naka is a top choice with 2 Michelin stars. Chef Niki Nakayama’s Japanese tasting menu has captivated diners with its artistry and precision. Through her culinary creations, Nakayama seamlessly blends traditional Japanese techniques with a modern and innovative approach. Additionally, her casual counterpart, n/soto, offers a more accessible dining experience without compromising on quality or flavor.
● It’s obvious why celebrities are falling in love with Gucci Osteria, given its connection to the iconic fashion house. This one-Michelin-starred locale in Beverly Hills is an outpost of the Florence flagship and offers pristine views of bustling Rodeo Drive below.
● Chef Eli Hiroyoshi delivers a terrific nigiri and $125 omakase at Hamasaku, which has hosted President Barack Obama. This popular dining institution has 30 inventive rolls and though it sits in a strip mall, the authentic decor makes it feel like Japan.
Explore LA’s world-renowned shopping:
● Abbot Kinney Boulevard has the latest fashion, arts, and food just minutes from Venice Beach. Visitors can shop at Farm Rio, Aviator Nation, Salt & Straw, and the acclaimed restaurant Felix.
● Explore Melrose Avenue and its boutique shops and cafés such as John Varvatos, Paul Smith, Fred Segal, and Urth Caffé made famous by Mark Wahlberg’s hit series “Entourage.”
● From Intermix, Lauren Moshi, and the Altman Brothers Realty, Robertson Boulevard is a happening destination with celebrity-favorite restaurant The Ivy and The Henry nearby.
● A trip to LA cannot be complete without a stroll down Beverly Hills’ iconic Rodeo Drive, known as one of the most expensive streets in the world. The famed three-block stretch houses more than one hundred of the world’s leading international brands.
Enjoy exclusive access to only-in-LA experiences:
● For those wanting to experience the Hollywood magic during their stay, and for any big movie fans, attend a behind-the-scenes deluxe studio tour with Warner Bros. Studio Tours, which is celebrating its centennial anniversary this year.
● Venture to the South Bay and indulge in the thrill of an adrenaline-fueled ride in a new Porsche model at Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles. For those afraid to take the wheel, a Porsche Drive Coach can spin you around the 1.3-mile Handling Circuit.
● Explore notable locations where iconic movies have been filmed, such as:
● Malibu is not just a Miley Cyrus song, but a purveyor of many luxury experiences including the Malibu Wineries Private Tour curated by ExperienceFirst, which provides a car service to take you to Malibu’s top wineries with a dedicated wine guide.
● For those attending a sporting or entertainment event at the new SoFi Stadium, an abundance of luxury suites are available for rent including the field-side cabanas, Google Cloud Suite, and Corona Club Deck Suite.
● The most VIP way through Los Angeles World Airport (LAX) is PS, a private terminal providing VIPs willing to splurge a back door to their commercial aircraft, private security and customs clearance, luxury spaces, and white-glove service before and after flight.
● Until October 8, The Broad will show over 120 pieces of art and archival materials created by legendary painter Keith Haring in a landmark exhibit titled Keith Haring: Art Is for Everybody, the first large-scale museum survey of his work in Los Angeles.