Travel search engine Kayak has seen a significant rise in Indian interest, in the flight searches from India to Munich, over the festival period of September 17 – October 3, 2022. Between 29.04.2022 and 25.08.2022, searches are up around 90% compared to the same period in 2019. Hotel searches are also up around 171%, meaning there is significant interest in the Oktoberfest celebrations.
KAYAK search insights for Oktoberfest travel (September 17 – October 3) indicate the following –
· Average price for return economy flights to Munich from India over the period – approximately INR 68616.
· Average price for a night in a double room in a 3 – 4 star hotel in Munich over the period – approximately INR 18860.
· The most searched day for arrival into Munich is September 23 with the least searched date being October 2.
· The most expensive day for flights to Munich from India is September 23.
· The least expensive day to fly into Munich from India is October 2 (the second last day of the festival).
According to KAYAK Commercial Manager Tarun Tahiliani, “Indians love to immerse themselves in global events, and Oktoberfest is no exception, with flight searches from India to Munich over the festival period up around 90% compared to the same period in 2019. KAYAK’s data reveals just how excited Indians are to be back travelling the world, with a significant increase in people flocking to Germany to enjoy this memorable travel experience. There are simple ways you can secure a great deal for your trip, including setting price alerts online via the KAYAK website so you can be confident you’re getting the best deal on your trip.”’